Symantec backup exe- 2012
Backup Exec 2012 is one integrated product that protects virtual and physical environments, simplifies both backup and disaster recovery, and offers unmatched recovery capabilities. Powered by Symantec V-Ray technology, Backup Exec 2012 restores entire servers, critical Microsoft applications, and VMware or Microsoft Hyper-V virtual environments to dramatically minimize business downtime.
Features & Benefits
· New innovative and modern administration console makes it easier than ever to set up backups, manage backup policies, perform disaster recoveries, and convert backups of servers to virtual machines for instant disaster recovery.
· Rapidly recover an entire server, to the same hardware or dissimilar hardware in minutes, not hours or days.
· Convert Backups to Virtual Machines for instant recovery so that if a server fails, you can get that server back up and running in a VMware or Hyper-V environment in the time it takes you to turn on a virtual machine!
· Restore Wizards guide you through a process that is designed specifically for the type of data that you want to restore. For example, when you restore application data, you are prompted only with the options that apply to that application's data. The Restore Wizard guides you through restoring an entire server, files, and folders, volumes, and application data.
· Virtual Machine Auto Recovery for VMware provides high availability for virtual applications. Through the Backup Exec Management Plug-in 2.0 for VMware with Symantec’s ApplicationHA 6.0, enables Backup Exec to automatically restore a failed VM in order to recover lost application services once Symantec ApplicationHA has exhausted the steps to remediate the failure.
· Easily restore virtual machines, applications, databases, file/folders or granular objects from a single pass backup in seconds with patented V-Ray technology
· Agentless backup of virtual machines
· Integrated bare-metal, dissimilar hardware and physical to virtual (P2V) recovery
· Best of breed data deduplication to optimize any backup strategy with client, media server and appliance data deduplication
· Innovative and modern administration console makes it easier than ever to set up backups, manage backup policies, perform disaster recoveries, and convert backups to virtual machines for instant disaster recovery
· Protects a broad range of operating systems, platforms, applications and databases in both virtual and physical environments with support for disk and tape storage devices
· Award winning data protection and disaster recovery designed for physical and virtual environments in a single unified solution
· Protect an unlimited number of virtual machines per host
· Dramatically minimize downtime and data loss by rapidly recovering what you need, when you need it with a single click
· Recover an entire system to the same hardware, entirely different hardware or virtual machine in the time it takes you to turn on a virtual machine
· Easily reduce data backup storage by 10:1 and shrink the backup window while optimizing network utilization across physical and virtual environments
· Eliminate point solutions, backup complexity, unnecessary storage growth, costs and risk with a single unified scalable solution
· You cannot install a Backup Exec server on a computer that runs the Windows Server Core installation option of Windows Server 2008. You can only install the Backup Exec Agent for Windows on Server Core computers.
· You cannot install SQL Express or SQL Server 2005 on a Windows Server 2008 computer that is configured in a Read Only Domain Controller (RODC) role. The Read Only Domain Controller role does not let you use the local accounts that are required for SQL Express and SQL Server 2005. When you install Backup Exec on an RODC computer you must select a remote SQL instance for the Backup Exec Database.
Additional Application Support
· You can use Backup Exec with Microsoft System Center Operation Manager (SCOM) 2007.
· Internet Explorer 7.0 or later.
· Intel Pentium, Xeon, AMD, or compatible.
SQL Server or SQL Express
· Service Pack 4 is required.